Professor in Physics at the Department of Physics, Göteborg University (GU).
I am a member of the joint GU and Chalmers Materials and Surface Theory group.
My research field is Theoretical Surface Science and Strongly Correlated materials.
The level of activity increases up the list below (updated August 2015):
- Electron-phonon coupling in graphene.
- Plasmonics: Plasmarons and acoustic surface plasmons.
- Self-consistent Gutzwiller variational scheme for multi-band models with full interaction.
- Dynamical mean field theory (DMFT) applying the method of exact diagonalisation (ED)
- First principles studies of surface phonons - clean metal surfaces and alkali covered surfaces. Renormalization of surface localized phonon energies due to excitations of electron-hole pairs (electron-phonon coupling).
- Dynamics of surface localized electron states ; electron-phonon coupling and lifetimes.
- Nano-Catalysis - Density functional theory studies of electron structure and reactivity of Quantum Dots. Dot size- and composition dependence of molecular reactivity.
- First principles studies of alkali metal overlayer structures on metals. Phonon induced lifetimes of Quantum Well hole states.
- First principles studies of Grain Boundary physics; mechanism of the non-linear I/V characteristics of ZnO Varistors.
- Surface Photochemistry. Photo-induced desorption.