- The first picture shows the lifthill. What are the forces on the body
on the way up? How large are the components of the force from the ride
from the seat? From the back?
- The graphs below show accelerometer and elevation data for the whole Dæmonen tour.
- The two following pictures shows the train circling the Golden Tower at
about constant height. Can you identify that part from the elevation data above?
What are the forces during that part of the ride?
Could you estimate how large the forces are by looking at the angle of the track
- Look at the shape of the loop. Can you see that it is not a perfect circle?
(The top of the loop is reached at about t=41s in the graph above).
Read more about loop shapes
- The photo below shows the train in the loop.
By looking at the photo, you can estimate the ratio between train
and radius of curvature, R, at the top of the loop.
- Use the photo and the
train length given above to estimate the radius of curvature.
- How large is the difference in force from the train on the rider,
due to the train length?